Tuesday 17 January 2017

Canada 150

I am so excited about Canada turning 150 years young!  I have already ordered my free Park Pass and will visit Haida Gwaii this summer!  I am SO EXCITED!  This is a bucket list item for me!  My camera will record every amazing scene.

What an amazing history Canada has had so far.  I started to research the Canada 150 website and found that much of it had to do with our National Parks.  I spent a week researching, reading, making notes, and then finally putting it all into a Word Search and an Internet Search document with the package called  Canada 150.  I have priced it at 150 cents!  Get it?  Clever?

       

I still want to add Park Birds and Mammals sections, as some are identified as being at risk.  This form of learning is important for our children to understand the purpose of our parks and what is at stake if we don't manage it; they will be the protectors of this great land in the future.

I certainly enjoyed making this, but I enjoyed learning about my country even more.  Did you know that the National Parks cover only 3% of our country's land mass?  The worksheet will ask you things you will find interesting, once you look up the answer!  This is great Canadian trivia you can impress your friends with!  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here!